Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Emerald Quest by Renee Pawlish





My rating: 4 stars

Goodreads synopsis: A long-lost emerald, a missing treasure map, and a wealthy villain combine for an action-packed adventure!

Thirteen-year-old Noah Winter, the son of sea-exploring treasure hunters, dives the San Isabel shipwreck with his parents in search of a mysterious treasure map lost in the murky depths off the Florida Keys over a century ago. The map reveals the hiding place of the priceless De La Rosa emerald. But before the Winters can find the map, a wealthy treasure-hunting rival kidnaps Noah’s parents. Now Noah must match wits with a dangerous adversary, not only to discover the treasure map first, but to rescue his mom and dad before it’s too late.


My review:
      The book started out a little slow for my taste but there was a lot of foreshadowing to keep me interested and questioning what will happen next. But this book soon turned into a very action-packed adventure! The main character Noah would be easy to relate to for young adults reading this book. Although his parents are treasure hunters and he doesn't go to a regular school he does have typical childhood problems to deal with, for instance getting his homework done and making good grades while being home schooled.
      I'm not the target audience to which this book was written for however I greatly enjoyed it. It's probably slightly more suited for male children but I'm sure a girl could enjoy it as well ( I know I did!) It even made me want to be a treasure hunter...and I can't swim! This would be a great summer read at the beach to make you wonder of all the treasures hidden beneath the ocean in front of you!

Buy the book: Amazon
Follow the Author: Facebook,Twitter







Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment